Friday, January 6, 2012

First Week of Healthy Breakfasts

Healthy Food Challenge: I ate granola with cherry soy yogurt and a banana for breakfast.  


So far this challenge has not been very difficult for me.  Typically, I eat very healthy and I almost always eat breakfast.  I made an extra effort this week to have super healthy breakfast stuff on hand.  I ate either oatmeal and fruit or granola with soy yogurt and fruit.  Okay, I did have pancakes at the beginning of the week but I had them with fruit!  It was New Year Day, I deserved a break.  I drink a lot of water with my breakfast and no sugary juice or caffeinated coffee. 

I am looking forward to next weeks challenge of eating more whole grains.  I love quinoa, polenta, brown rice, whole wheat pasta and popcorn (yes, I have been told it is a grain!)  So this challenge should be a snap.  I really want to try wheat berries.  I ate them once and loved them.  I am on a search for a wheat berry recipe that I like.  Tonight I had a great slow cooker vegetable casserole that had polenta, beans, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, and mushrooms.  It was really good.  If you want to try polenta and are afraid, this is a good way to give polenta a try without being hit over the head with it. 

So one more day of eating a healthy breakfast before adding on whole grains.  I am ready for the challenge!  Any vegetarian wheat berry recipes, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!