Saturday, January 14, 2012

Like I Was Under Water

Yesterday I had a horrible migraine. If you have ever had one, it felt like a train ran through my head. You know I am not feeling well when I am in bed at 10 pm. I forced myself to finish watching Grimm, one of my favorite shows, then I crawled into bed. I took some oral medication and about 20 minutes later I was asleep.

Two hours later I was wide awake in agony. I lay there for what seemed like hours but was probably 15 minutes then I got up and gave myself a shot. It is always surreal giving myself an injection with a migraine. The closest way I can describe it is trying to tighten a screw under water. You can't see the screw well if at all, everything is, well, wet and slippery, and everything moves in slow motion. If you have never done it, it is really difficult. So is giving myself a shot when my brain is in a migraine fog. Even though I have given myself the shot many times before, I have to look at the directions each time. Today when I am fine I don't need the directions but last night I was lost without them.

I woke up six hours later migraine free! Yay!

Today I went shoe shopping! I got a pair of sneakers! A pair of New Balance sneakers made for people with foot issues. I looked for a store with Merrells shoes but could not find a pair of business type shoes, only hiking shoes. So the search continues. I will probably go online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!