Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chinese Food

Did you ever have one of those days where you felt like eating Chinese food? You just want the greasiness of fried rice? Feel like opening a fortune cookie? Wanna eat with chopsticks?

Today was one of those days. After taking the pups to get pedicures and spending hours on the phone with my bro (thanks!) getting some much needed tech help, I just felt like fried tofu and fried rice. I know it is not the best thing to eat when you have Crohn's but some days you have to say "who cares?" and eat what you want. I wanted rice fried with veggies and tofu with some extra fried tofu on the side. It's not like I went out and had a triple layer ice cream Sunday or something!

I was so grateful to get the tech help with my new IPad. I can now print with my current printer. I can get email and I have set up my complicated calendar. We also did some other things while I had him on the phone. I no longer have the long list of annoyances that I can't fix myself. Yeah!

What is your favorite thing to eat just for the heck of it? Is it Chinese? Italian? Hungarian maybe?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh. My favorite just-for-the-heck-of-it meal (which also requires throwing any caution about fat and calories to the wind) is a big ol' chili-burger. It's been ages since I've had one of those, but they always sound good to me.

    Glad you got to enjoy the fried rice and tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wren, you have given me a great idea: Chili veggie burger. I will have to try that sometime. On a rainy day it might sound good.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!