Friday, January 13, 2012

My Eyes My Eyes

I went to the eye doctor's today.  One of the highlights of taking the drug Plaquenil (HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE) is that I get to have my eyes dilated twice a year.  Not just the regular once a year but two times a year.  It is really funny to me because when I was a kid up until I was diagnosed, I never had my eyes dilated.  Not one time!  I always talked my way out of it.  I missed those years when they shot a puff of air into your eyes.  The whole process scared me.  So, now I think karma is got me and is making up for those years by making me get dilated twice a year!  

The eye test came out okay but I am almost at that point where I need "boosters" on my glasses so I can read a book.  I can read a book okay if I take my glasses off or if I hold the book in my lap with a lamp on. But in low light I have a problem seeing the words.  I am not at that point yet where I can't see at all so I may put it off for a bit more.  


While I was on my way to the eye doctor's office, I stopped by the foot doctor.  I spoke to the assistant and she thinks I should see the doctor if I am still wearing the boot since 12/1.  So I will be back at the doctor's office on Tuesday to see what is what.  The foot is better but each morning when I wake up I get a twinge and then through the day sometimes it gets sore and right now it hurts when I scrunch my toes.  I know: then don't scrunch your toes!  Ha!  


I made this great Tofu Parmigiana.  It tasted so good.  If you didn't know it was Tofu, you wouldn't know it was tofu.  Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!