Monday, September 25, 2023

WHAT A DAY!

What a day! I was so excited because the part to fix my standing desk arrived. I also had the new transformer for my landscaping lights. My handyman showed up and started with the desk. He took out the raising and lowering mechanism and put in the new mechanism. The desk went down lower but didn't raise up. Ugh! 

I called IKEA and told them the part they sent did not fix the problem. Ikea is going to send me a brand new desk. Which is wonderful but now I have to figure out how to get rid of the old desk.

Then the handyman went outside to install the new transformer for my lights. He installed it and the lights didn't work. So it was not the transformer that was the problem, it is the lights. I tried to keep my cool when I heard this because I thought we are going to have to rip up all the landscaping to fix the lights. Then the handyman and I dug up the wire closest to the transformer and found out that the person who installed it did not put the right thingy to tie the wires together. So when the handyman pulled on The wire it came right out of the ground in his hand without being attached to anything. That is why the lights did not work. The handyman pulled up a bunch of wires and fixed it. So we should not have any more problems with the lights.

So one thing got fixed today and one thing I have to wait to get a brand new desk.

Did I mention that this morning when I went to take the dog to the vet early in the morning, I found a little baggie filled with white powder on the ground? I assume it is drugs of some sort and I picked it up and put it in a bag in the trash can. I took Lucky early in the morning to the vet. The vet said she looked really good but she has lost easily another pound if not a little more since May. I was told that dogs like people get thinner as they get older. He told me I shouldn't worry about it. The vet sent blood and  urine test to see how she's actually doing. I'll find out the results tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!