Saturday, September 30, 2023

DAY 4 IN YOSEMITE

The day started out so good. I got up extra early in order to get into Yosemite before the Saturday crowds. I went to Tunnel View where I thought I was supposed to be, then I saw a text with another location so I went to that location. Turns out I was supposed to be at  Tunnel View. Emily, my guide, and I finally connected. 

Since Tunnel View was fogged in we went to Glacier Point. It too was fogged in. To say it was foggy is an understatement. It was San Francisco foggy. We could not see any mountains. 
We hiked at Glacier Point. 
Then we hiked to Taft Point. We had some lunch on the hike. It started to sprinkle on and off. We climbed to the top of Taft Point and right when we go to the top, it began to rain heavily. We were scrambling to get down when the heavy rains came. I put one foot down and I slipped so I put my other foot down and I twisted both feet and fell down. I think I screamed. I got up and I could not put weight on my right foot. The guide and I slowly got off the rock because it started to snow!  It is too early for snow at Yosemite. Once off the rock the guide sat me down and took off my shoes. She bandaged it up and I tried to put weight on it but no go. I also fell on my camera, so I need to check it out and see if I broke it. 😫

Meanwhile these four college kids were hanging around. They came up and asked if I needed help. We said yes. They were college kids from Spain. There were three guys and one girl. The four of them, with the guide, helped me down the hill and to my car. Before you say big deal. The terrain was crazy. Rocks, puddles, inclines, and it was full on snowing. None of us were dressed for snow. 
It took about an hour to get me to the parking lot. We had to go down and then right back up to get to the parking lot. About half way, a couple from another country asked if we needed assistance. They ended up carrying everyone's pack. 

We finally go to the parking lot where the college kids parked. Our cars were farther away so the guide ran to get her car to transport me to my car or the hospital. I chose my car because I didn't know how much snow the park would get and I didn't want my car to get stuck. 

Before we all parted ways, we took a group photo of the rescuers. They have a story to tell their friends about the lady they rescued off a mountain in Yosemite. 

I could drive but my foot really hurt when I stepped on the brake. I them had to get from my car into my cabin. I did it but I am not going to get any dinner. I ate a bunch of stuff I brought with me. 

Here are some photos:
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!