Thursday, September 28, 2023

DAY 1 IN YOSEMITE

Today I went to Yosemite to hike. To get ready, the bird went to bird camp, the dog got dropped off at the dog sitters and I spent a day packing and getting the house ready. 

I drove to Yosemite this morning. It was a long drive with a stretch break and a stop at the grocery store to get water. 

I am staying at an ex- hostel. It is now a nice retreat with rooms with bathrooms, a cafe and a spa. When I arrived the room was not ready so I sat outside and ate some food I brought. I was given my room key and I moved my stuff in. I brought my portable fridge to keep things cold since there is no room refrigerator. I also brought my portable tea pot since there is no coffee maker. I brought my iPad since there is no TV. 

After unpacking I went for a walk in the forest. I didn't go too far because I do not have bear spray. 

After a short rest, I did my meditation group online meet up. Then I went to the cafe and had vegan Udon noodles with veggies and tofu. 

Now I am in bed watching TV on my iPad. 

Tomorrow is a 1/2 day with the guides I hired. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!