Friday, September 29, 2023

DAY 3 IN YOSEMITE

This morning started early after a long day yesterday. The burning sensation went away. I'm pretty sure it was something in the soaking bath oils that gave me a bad reaction. 

I drove to Yosemite (it is an hours drive) through the one way bridge that cars going both ways travel across. I got in the Yosemite gate fairly quickly. I drove another 20 minutes to the meeting spot. I was early so I stopped to take some photos at some pull off spots. 
I met Katherine and we got in her car to go to the next spot. It was Tuolumne Grove to see the giant majestic sequoia trees. We hiking through the grove. 
Then we got in the car and drove to Olmsted Point where we hiked a bit, took photos and meditated for a short bit. The is a fire in the park so today the air was smokey. 
Then we went to Taneya Lake where we ate a packed lunch that she brought. It was nice sitting in her camp chairs to eat lunch by a gorgeous lake. One interesting fact: the boulders and trees all had rings around them. It was a mark left by the lake this year after the historic snowfall. That was how high the waters rose!
Then we went to Tuolumne Meadow to Soda Springs. It is a lovely hike to see water that is actually naturally carbonated. Scientists can not figure out why. I also used an outhouse for my first time in a looong time. 
We then went back to Olmsted Point because the smoke cleared and I could get a better photo. 
That was the end of my guided tour/hike for the day. I drove back to the room to shower and get ready for dinner. Tonight I decided to get takeout and eat on my porch. 
Now I need to get to bed because tomorrow will get here soon. It is supposed to rain so this hike will be interesting! 

By the way if you are interested in the dog, she was caught watch soccer with her friend.
Of course she is from Chihuahua Mexico....

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!