Thursday, September 28, 2023

DAY 2 IN YOSEMITE

Early this morning and got ready to go to Yosemite Valley. I got in my car and drove along route 140 for miles and miles and that brought me to the entrance to Yosemite national Park. I was to meet my guide Paola at 9:00 a.m for a half day of hiking. We started out our day with going to a lovely riverbed and sat down and meditated. It was lovely right near the water looking up at granite mountains with trees. After our meditation we started to hike (isn't it just walking?) And I saw a waterfall, Half Dome, Sentinel, and walked through a meadow. The only animals I saw were a family of ducks swimming in water. I tested the water and it was very very cold. The meadow we walked through had grass as high as my hips with goldenrod and milkweed. It was a very lovely day. Paula was very patient taking me to many places to get the best photo.


After my drive back to the hotel, I had an appointment for a soaking bath. Fir the first 15 minutes it was great. Then I started to get a stinging in my lower back and my leg. I got out of the tub and the spots were red. Thinking I get bit by something, I came home and took a shower. Then I put some antiseptic on the spots. Turns out it might have been a reaction to the eucalyptus in the soaking tub. Three hours later and it is gone. 

I met up with my meditation group online and did a healing meditation. Then I went to the restaurant for dinner. I am so full. 

That was day 2. I checked in with Lucky and she has started to like watching soccer on TV. Never to late to start a new hobbies! 

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!