Friday, September 8, 2023

DAY FIVE OF EAST COAST VACATION

Today is the final day of my adventure. I woke up early so I could eat shower and pack the final items in my already overstuffed bags. I had no idea I would have do much to bring home. T-shirts, cookbooks, tea, and two items a relative gave me: a small fold up blanket and a bag for hiking. 

After all that, I drove to my relative's house. We had about an hour to chat until it was time for me to hit the road. I left extra early because of traffic, getting gas and my pension for getting lost. 

I arrived over 2.5 hours early. I settled down in a corner by myself (masked) and waited. Luckily I had my notebook that has the information for my trip in the spring. I did a bunch of internet research while j waited. 

The plane ride was uneventful. I was in the only row that only had two people in a three seater. The person on the aisle was quiet, just the way I like it. 

When we landed, I got an email that said my luggage was not on the plane and lost. What?!?!? I filled out a list luggage firm and when we landed I went to the lost luggage office. 

The best part was that a few months ago, I invested in Airtags. If you don't know, they are trackers you put in your luggage or attached to your keys so you can find them. I turned on my iPad and there was my luggage was at the airport I just left! I was promised my bag would be delivered tomorrow. 

I took a taxi home (I think he overcharged me) and said hi to Lucky. The dog sitter dropped her off a few hours before. We both went to sleep. It was a long day for me and she was happy I was home. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!