Monday, September 4, 2023

DAY ONE OF EAST COAST VACATION

I got up at 3am so I could be ready at 4 am. I got dressed, took out the trash, and threw in my last items. 

The airport was more crowded than I thought it would be. I got through the lines quickly and sat down to eat my breakfast (I packed it) all with my mask on. There were about 20-25% with masks on. 

The plane was full. I had to upgrade my seat because the airline changed flights and didn't save my seat assignment. It all worked out because the extra leg room was great. I get restless legs and I had a bad case today for about 3 hours. I felt bad for the guy sitting next to me. I tried to sleep but my legs would not stop moving. 

I landed and got my luggage and rental car pretty fast. I had a 3 hour drive to my first destination. It is 93 degrees here today and I was sweltering in my jeans. 

I had a nice evening with relatives and then headed out to my hotel. I checked in before I got on the plane. When I got to the front desk, I got a card key. I went to the room, opened the door and there was someone else's luggage and clothing in the room. I did not wait around to see if a person was also in the room. I have seen to many CSI episodes where there is a dead body in the hotel room. I went down to the front desk and let the woman know. She was extremely confused because on the sheet prepared by her boss it says that that room number was my room. After a few phone calls to managers, I was given a new key to a different room which is wonderful. I could finally relax. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I was traveling a few years back and the woman who was with my group opened her hotel room door to find a naked wet man looking at her. Well Shrinkage and all, she got a new room.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!