Thursday, February 2, 2023

MAKING RAMEN

As you have probably noticed, I have not been doing much cooking or baking lately. Taking care of my dog Lucky is taking up a lot of my time and energy. 

Today I am changing that. I decided it is going to rain for a few days and what tastes better in the rain but ramen! Tonight I made dashi which is the base of ramen. To make dashi, I had to leave the mushrooms, seaweed and water soaking overnight. Tomorrow it will be the base for ramen. I made a double batch so I can have a few nights of ramen. I'm going to make danden ramen, miso ramen, and shoyu ramen. Fun! 

I decided not to make my own noodles this time. It was fun the first time but I can buy good noodles and they are almost as good. Plus, it doesn't take forever to make them. I'll save making them for a special occasion. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I love Ramen, and i bet yours is great. However, store bought rocks as well.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!