Sunday, February 19, 2023

DAY AT THE PARK

 Lucky and I woke up early and got ourselves packed up to go to the park. It is a newly renovated park and, boy, is it marvelous. I would show you pictures but I took photos with my old film camera. I thought it would be fun. Plus, nobody wants to steal an old film camera! There have been a streak of camera muggings in my area and with the dog, I am not able to pay very good attention to my surroundings. Not to mention, using my old 35mm film camera keeps me in practice. 

We walked all around the area for about an hour and stopped for a short time to give Lucky some snacks and water. I was taking some photos of some flowers and Lucky got her leash tangled around my foot. When I went to stand up, I fell backward on my butt in front of two men. How embarrassing! They were sweet and helped me up. I didn't realize it until I got home but I broke my camera neck strap when my camera fell on the ground. I already ordered a new one that should work. 

While we were on the walk, I checked my phone and it didn't have a signal. I had no cell service. I called my provider when I got home and it wasn't me exactly. I had to get through the AI (don't you hate AI) to get to a person to help me. No matter what I said, the AI kept sending me to "how to set up my new phone".  I finally kept cursing at the AI and the AI kept getting more and more angry sounding and then I got a person.  The person diagnosed that something happened when my payment didn't arrive in the mail. He said the service was not turned off but something happened that was not supposed to happen. After turning my phone on and off two times, my phone service was restored. He was super helpful. 

I had my book club this afternoon. We read Heaven, My Home by Attica Locke. It was really very good. Although if you are planning on reading it, I would read the first book in the series first. I was a little lost in the first few chapters. It was a good and lively discussion this month.  

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I thought it was a digital camera which is why I pushed you down. Oh well, I was just glad I was not noticed as I pushed.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!