Thursday, December 6, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE PARTIE DEUX- DAY 6

Photo Challenge Part II picture of the day

I have only been at home or going to the vets office lately so it has been hard to be too creative with pictures.

I was awake very early to take Happi to the vets office.  I dropped her off with a sniffle and a heartfelt I love you.  The doctor came out and spoke to me to give me the plan once again.  I asked him to also x-ray Happi's front leg while he had her under anesthesia.  Why not?  She needs to have it done and no need to sedate her in a few months to do it.  Do it now.

The plan is to scope her vulva and that area to make sure a foxtail has not gotten up there.  Scope her stomach to biopsy and check it out.  Then depending on what happens, do the surgery to fix her vulva.  That is the part I call the doggie plastic surgery.  Vaginal rejuvenation.

I went off to work and tried to keep my mind off the fact that my doggie was in surgery.

I got a call in the afternoon from the doctor saying the first part was done.  She had no foxtail.  They finished scoping everything and got biopsies of her vulva, bladder wall, duodenum, esophogus, and stomach wall.  He was now going to do the surgery of her vulva.  I heard later the surgery took 4 hours.

He called me at 5:30pm to tell me she was doing fine and I could pick her up at 6:30.  He said:
  1. x-ray of leg: her shoulder, spine, elbow look good.  Her wrist has arthritis and when the other issues are handled we need to talk about that.
  2. stomach: the biopsies will be back in a week but there is no cancer!  He suspects she has IBS or something like that but we shall see.
  3. Vulva: no cancer!  There was plenty of bacteria and it was resistant to antibiotics.  He did the surgery to bring out her vulva to where it is supposed to be.  Right now it looks swollen but he said it would look better once the swelling decreased.
She got an antibiotic shot and a 3 day local anesthetic.  I have pills to give her for pain/swelling and her stomach.  We return in a week for a follow up.

Unfortunately she is not reacting to the anesthesia and pain very well.  I think mostly it is the anesthesia.  She won't sit still for more than 10 minutes.  She keeps wanting to go outside but then she gets out in the cold, she stands in the backyard in the dark. She has to wear a cone but she is not interested in licking yet so I am holding off on that now.  I will have two dogs in cones! 

The prognosis is good.  I am super happy but I am super tired.  I don't see much sleep in my future.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!