Thursday, December 13, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE PARTIE DEUX- DAY 13


Despite being quite ill, I took Happi to her vet check up today.  I was a bit out of it during the appointment so I will write what I remember.

First, Happi is okay.  No cancer.  Nothing horrible is wrong.  That is the best part.  The results of her biopsies came back and here are the results:

  1. Stomach - The biopsies showed that she has e-coli in her stomach.  She has probably had it for a long time.  It is bacteria resistant so antibiotics won't work.  We are going to have to use probiotics.  There are two kinds to try.  If that doesn't work then we have to go to a fecal transplant.  I am not sure how they do it with dogs but it must be something close.  I continue to give her the Suculfrate 3 times a day after she eats and at bedtime. 
  2. Vaginal area - Her surgery has healed very well and she will be able to take the cone off in a few days.  Her vaginal area also has e-coli.  The same e-coli as her stomach.  So she has been licking her vaginal area and transferring the e-coli from her stomach.  Who knows how long this has been going on?  For more than one year.  That other doctor told me there was nothing wrong with her.  I sent her for x-rays and tests and this is what was wrong the whole time.  I feel so bad.  Anyway, she needs to not lick her area.  I need to start washing her vagina area with a special soap every other day to keep it clean.  
  3. Intestines - the biopsies came back that her intestines show that she has a severe allergic reaction to her food.  I need to take her off the current food and put her on a special food.  The food is called Canine Hydrolized Protein Diet.  It is made from hydrolyzed soy protein, composed of low molecular weight peptides, is highly digestible and supports gastrointestinal and dermatological health.  It has a specific nutrient blend to help regulate intestinal transit and to help support the digestive flora. This should get her intestines back on track.  Oh, she also will be getting no treats while she is on this diet.  I will no longer be making chicken and rice.  I will not miss that at all.
That is the plan for about 4-6 weeks.  Hopefully this will make her feel better.  Taking her off almost all the medicine makes me happy. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!