Monday, December 24, 2018

PHOTO CHALLENGE PARTIE DEUX- DAY 24

Late last night I went online and saw a great deal. They were selling iPads at a discount. My iPad is so old, I can't open or download any apps. I can only use it to listen to music and look at photos and download my own movies and watch them. That's it. It is about to be a doorstop. So when I saw the sale, I jumped and bought one. This morning I went and picked it up. Then on my way home, I went to pick up my final packages before Christmas from the post office. I also mailed my Christmas cards.

This afternoon I went to see A Christmas Carol at a local theatre. It was such a good production. The photo above is the dome at the top of the theatre.

Then I came home to bake and bake. I made a pie for the first time in my life. So I decided to make two.  First, I made a pie crust (vegan of course) fully cooked.

After it cooled, I put a lemon pudding filling made with lemons from my lemon tree. 

The second pie crust was cooked but then filled and cooked more. This pie was a pecan pie. 

I haven't tasted either of them but I hope they are good.

For lunch today I had the stew I made yesterday and it was delicious!!

Lucky was barking like crazy while I was cooking. I went to look and my neighbor had dropped of scones for me. Every year since I moved in, my next door neighbor has made me pastry every Christmas morning. I wake up and there is a container of pastries on my doorstep.  Isn't that the most amazing and wonderful thing!?

Happy Christmas Eve!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!