Wednesday, May 24, 2017

VERY BUSY DAY AT MY HOME

What a day!  I had the handyman fix my lower deck.  It is a long time project.  I have had three contractors look at it and tell me what was wrong with it but tell me they can't fix it.  They were too busy or never got back to me or (maybe) died.  So it never got fixed.

Here's the problem: When the original contractor built my house they didn't (don't start pondering why, it will drive you crazy) put flashing along the bottom of my shingles where they meet my deck.  So when it rains, the water leaks in my house.  Nice.  It isn't a big leak but more of a seep.

To fix it my handyman had to remove my deck floor, take off shingles, and put the flashing on.  Then put the deck back on.  Some of the shingles broke and since the underneath was damp, we decided to keep the shingles off for a few weeks and let the inside dry out.

Here is the deck in pieces (looking down on the deck):


The silver piece on the left side is the flashing that is being installed along the house.


I also had to take my car in for some stuff that was going wrong.  I ended up having three oil leaks and have to have my whole shocks and struts, etc replaced.  That explains why my car is vibrating.  They couldn't do the work today because they had to order parts because my car is SO old.

To top off the night, the squatter from a few months ago returned to the vacant house across the street.  The contractor accidentally left the door unlocked and the same squatter from a few months ago returned and moved in.  He told the police he was renting the house.  He had a suitcase and food.  He is fixated on that house.  So I dealt with the police and the contractor to get the place locked up.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!