Tuesday, May 30, 2017

HEART MONITOR RESULTS

Yes, I am still sick.  More sick.  The cold/flu has moved into my chest now and I am sneezing, coughing and breathing heavy.  Now, the challenge is keeping it from being pneumonia. 

I called my doctor's office first thing this morning knowing that my doctor is at a conference until tomorrow.  I guess my doctor came back early because he called in antibiotics for me.  That should stop this cold/flu in a few days.

I also spoke to him about my heart monitor results.  He said I was not crazy and I caught the heart flutter a least a hundred times.  I was just happy that someone finally saw the problem after years of folks telling me they can't catch it on a monitor.  The person who reviewed the monitor results said it looks like I have Atrial Tachycardia.  It sounds scarier than it seems to be.  According to Wiki:

Atrial tachycardia is a type of heart rhythm problem in which the heart's electrical impulse comes from an ectopic pacemaker (that is, an abnormally located cardiac pacemaker) in the upper chambers (atria) of the heart, rather than from the sinoatrial node, the normal origin of the heart's electrical activity.
Basically I exhibit a rapid heart rhythm that comes from the wrong place in the heart. 

The next step is to see a cardiologist and see what she says.  The most common medication is a beta blocker.  So we will see what happens.

The doctor also gave me the name of another RA doctor so I don't have to wait until August to get an appointment.

A good day for being sick and binge watching Season 2 of Fortitude on Amazon.  I watched Season 1 over the weekend.  Gotta do something while I am in bed and my head is all stuffed up!! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!