Saturday, May 20, 2017

GETTING RID OF THE SAND

When I got the sand delivered to fill in the pond, I got too much sand.  Not a ton too much but a bit too much.  Probably 100 gallons of extra sand.  I have been trying to get rid of it.  Nobody wants it.  Free sand.

Today I began putting the sand in compost bags and taking it to the dump.  I put about 5 shovels full in each bag and lugged it up the 15 stairs and put it in my car.  I took about 5 bags and two 1/2 full 5 gallon buckets.  They were super heavy.  I drove to the dump and the guy at the dump felt sorry for me.  I didn't know the process and didn't know it would cost me $40 each time I brought something.  He explained the whole thing to me and let me in for free.  He told me to hire someone to do it.  HA!

I dumped me sand and met another guy who told me the same thing.  Double HA!  They don't know me very well.  I can buy the compost bags for $0.20 each I fill them enough as I can carry.  I can put a bunch of them in the car along with buckets 1/2 full and that is almost 1/3 of the sand gone.  It will cost me $40.  I can get rid of the rest of the sand in two more trips.  It is just time and energy.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!