Wednesday, June 1, 2016

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 275.  Tonight I went to see X-Men: Apocalypse. It was great!  I won't ruin it for you but if you like the X-Men movies, go see it! 

It was fun hanging out with friends.

Today is also the first day of June which means it is time to recap May. Try Mindfulness.

"Your mind is a powerful thing.  When you fill it with positive thoughts your life will start to change."


  • Remember what Matters to You - I spent a lot of this month figuring out what matters to me and that is having a family.
  • Turn Complaints into Thankfulness - this is an area of growth for me. 
  • Smile More!  I am trying to smile a lot more and think I was successful at this.
  • Learn and Do Mindfulness Meditation - I didn't follow through with this.  I think it would be good for me to learn.
  • Use Positive Not Negative Words - I have been trying very hard to use a positive word not a negative word.
  •  Be Kind to Yourself - I always need to work on this since I am too hard on myself.
  • Put a Positive Word on My Cup Each Day - I started this and then forgot.  I will continue this.
  • Be Positive! - Working on it!!
Overall, I think I tried as best as I could to be positive in a very difficult month.  I find it hard to be positive when I am anxious about something.  I have second thoughts and spend too much time rethinking things.  I think I did well considering.

June's Resolution: It's The Simple Life For Me

"If you can learn from the worst times of your life, you'll be ready to go into the best times of your life."


  • Sit in the Backyard and Listen
  • Walk the Dogs and Be Present
  • Take a Bath Without TV
  • Get Enough Sleep
  • Practice Meditating
  • Act the Way I Want To Feel
  • Have a Cup of Tea and Read a Book
  • Take Time for the Simple Things
This is the month of Calm.  Taking a moment.  It is the perfect time of the year to have this month.  My backyard is almost finished and I can sit and read a book.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!