Friday, March 18, 2016

DAY TWO HUNDRED OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 200!!!  It is day Two Hundred.  Wow!  How exciting!

I got Lucky's vet results and her lab results are good.  Now she has to have her teeth cleaned and checked.  Her appointment is not for weeks.  Poor thing.  I hate getting her teeth cleaned.  She has the worst teeth.  She has had 9 removed already.  The doctor did say they didn't seem as bad as other times.  Only a level two this time.

I sat down to do a big project and fell asleep for 2 hours this afternoon.  I know I am overdoing it.  It is hard to balance the needs of living and work with the need to stay in bed and relax.

I know I mentioned it before but the meninges in my head are inflamed and they are causing horrible pain in my neck and back.  Sometimes the pain in my shoulder blades is unbearable searing pain.  Sometimes the pain is down where the lumbar puncture was done. My neck is so stiff.  Sometimes I forget about it and I turn my head and pain hits me like a knife stabbing me in my neck.

Below is an illustration of a head.  You can see the skin, bone (skull), then the meningies: Dura mater, Arachnoid, and Pia Mater.  Under the meningies is the brain.  Between the Arachnoid and Pia Mater is where the spinal fluid is.  

By SVG by Mysid, original by SEER Development Team [1] - Vectorized in Inkscape by Mysid, based on work by SEER Development Team, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10485059

I am going to spend a lot of time in bed this weekend drinking lots of fluids.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!