Thursday, March 17, 2016

DAY ONE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 199.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Today was a tough day.  I did too much.  I had to take the dogs to the vet.  Lucky has not been feeling well and not eating so I wanted to get her checked out.  Meanwhile I brought Happi to get her shots at the same time.  2 dogs one stone! 

I had a client that kept insisting that I come to their office to do a simple task: putting items in a Fed Ex and making sure the Fed Ex got sent out.  I explained that I could not come.  I needed to take it easy.  She kept telling me that I needed to take care of this task.  I sent an email with the steps on how to do the task and still she insisted that I come and take care of it.  So after the taking the dogs to the vet, I drove 45 minutes to take stuff the Fed Ex.  I am sick but I decided to act a bit sicker when I got there.  It wasn't hard because when I got there, I felt awful.  It took me 45 minutes to drive home.  When I got home, I got an email from her thanking me and telling me she felt bad for making me come over for such a simple task when I looked so ill.  Then she said I should get back in bed.  So my plan worked.  I wanted her to realize that she needed to listen to me and know that I was not making it up.  I was really ill.  In my life I have run across people like this.  Until they see you looking like you belong in the hospital they don't believe you are really ill.  But once they see you, they are very sympathetic.  Now she will stop pushing me and let me heal at my own pace.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!