Thursday, February 9, 2012

Visit to the Doctor

Today I finally had that appointment with my rheumatologist. The one that was interrupted by that pesky trip to the ER. We talked about my medications and after a long talk about the stress in my life, we talked about the bone density scan I am supposed to get.

Stress, you ask? Yes, things like foot stress fractures, wearing boots, ER visits, occipital headaches, and getting behind in my work happens to get me stressed out. She feels I need to get my partner to step it up more and take more of the responsibility on. Yeah. That should work. We may have to have a long conversation about that. She is really good when I am ill. She takes really good care of me. She picks up my Rx. But she has limitations on other things she can do. I am not putting her down. It's just that she doesn't drive so going to the store is pretty much out of the question except in emergencies. I am a vegetarian and she is not so we cook separately. She cooks for me when I am sick. I am trying to think of things she can help with outside the house but the list seems slim. Most things require a car.

Now I am thinking of things she can help with inside the house. I have this long list of things I need to do but I can't think of how she can help. You know how you have that list of things only you can do? Like prepare your taxes, make dental appointments, make medical appointments and make sure the procedure is approved. See what I mean? How can anyone help me with those things? Even if I had an assistant I would have to do those things myself. I guess I just have to dive in and check them off the to do list and find other things for my partner to take on.

I have been given the paperwork to get the bone density scan done. Plus some blood work. Luckily I don't need to do it right away. I can take a break for a few weeks. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!