Monday, February 20, 2012

Doing Things I Don't Want To Do

This weekend I had to do two projects I was not looking forward to. They are not horrible projects like picking up large amounts of dog poop or cleaning up after your hot water heater bursts but they are not fun. I had to write a detailed proposal for a new client and do my tax prep. The proposal took two days with a whole day to think and plan. I am a thinker. I have to think about big projects for a while before I write them. I mull it over in my mind for a while and then I can begin to plan it out.

I finished the proposal at 5 pm today. Yay!

Then this evening I began the tax prep. I set up my craft table (okay it is just a folding table but it works well for this project as well) and laid out my tax stuff. With a small business, it makes tax prep a part time job if I am not organized. I have medical expenses and business expenses. I also try to show up at my accountants as organized as possible. I have one week to get my prep completed. Tonight I organized doctors visit receipts and parking receipts.

Hey, I would much rather be watching a movie on my long weekend rather than doing things I don't want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!