Thursday, February 2, 2012

Looks Like I Am Going To Be Fine

Today I went to see my primary doctor.  I filled him in on all the parts he didn't know already.  He poked and prodded my head and determined that I have Acute Occipital Nerve Headache. Also known on the web as Occipital Neuralgia. As I was reading many of the symptoms were just what I experienced: sensitive scalp, head pain that made it hard to lay my head down on a pillow, and light sensitivity.  When I have migraines I don't have light sensitivity so that was a new thing.  In the emergency room I kept saying the light was so bright someone must be doing surgery in there!

I was told that this could be a one time thing or it could happen again.  Let's hope it is a one time thing!  If it does happen again, I have been issued some medicine that could stop the pain.  If I get these headaches on a regular basis, the next step is to stick a needle in the nerve in my head.  Lovely! 

I say NO more needles!  I have had too many needles.  Needles in my foot, in my spine, and in my now in my head?  I say NO! 

Anyway, I am taking it easy and hope to feel better in time for the Superbowl!  Thank you for all your kind words. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I log on to your blogs regularly. Your writing style is awesome, keep up the good work!
    My web site - Organic Coffee with Ganoderma Lucidum from Organo Gold

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!