Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tax Prep: Part One

Well I started the yearly ritual called tax preparation. Or as I like to call it: reliving the past years expenses aka my own medical hell. This year has brought it's own extra special prize: I changed health plans mid-year. Half the year I had co-pays and the other half I had a deductible. And the cost of my plan changed three times. I spent all night just figuring out the doctor copays, parking costs and prescription costs for the year. I now know where $4,000 of my hard earned dollars went to! And I have not finished my calculations.

Don't you hate this time of the year? You have to drag out all this stuff that you had the best intentions of keeping in order at the beginning of the year. Then somewhere around May everything goes into disarray. Receipts get lost, you are finding parking receipts stuck in books and in the bottom of your bag. Then in November you are finding the receipts on the kitchen counter and realize January is coming and you better get your act together!

For the next week you know where I will be, chained to the table working on my taxes. Mondays deadline is coming fast!

1 comment:

  1. I finally finished the tax challenge from hell. It behooves me why in the world we can't get a simpler tax code here in the U.S. But alas, as things tend to go with tax changes, they just get more complicated. I say we all should have a flat rate tax and do away with all these crazy deductions. I worked my fingers to the bone (put me in bed for three days straight) and wouldn't ya know it....standard paid the biggest yield...argh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!