Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sitting in The Doctors Waiting Room

I was reading my sister-in-law's post for the day about time moving slow, while I was in the doctor's office waiting room.  I think doctors waiting rooms are like Las Vegas. The lights are bright, the room is cold, there are no clocks, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and the only thing missing is the gambling.  I sort of lose track of time. If only there was a slot machine to keep me busy!  People come, they go.  I still sit here.  Music, that is what is missing and show girls.  Think of what waiting rooms would be like with entertainment.  How much more fun it would be. 

At the lab where I give blood they have a flat screen that, when they first put it in, played only advertisements.  What a waste of money! This was when flat screens cost a pretty penny!  I guess there was a revolt because soon after CNN was on all day. No more ads.
 
Waiting rooms make up a significant part of my life. I do think that waiting rooms send me into another time speed. Like half speed. Because I know I show up at my appointed time but end up sitting in that darn waiting room for what seems like a long time. The worst is if I show up early; then it seems like wait three times as long!  If only I had a slot machine...

Update: My wart seems to have gone into hiding.  Last month it was all over the bottom of my foot.  This month it is almost gone.  I guess with all the rest of the trauma, my body had better things to do than worry about a stupid wart!  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I like to be punctual to any meeting or appointment. I don't like to waste people's time. But the doctors offices seem to put you in purgatory for a period of time before you get seen. I'm too afraid to show up late though. What if I get sent to time out for being late?!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!