Thursday, May 14, 2020

DAY 62 BRASS BELL

Day 62 since I left the house.

Every night my community goes outside and makes noise to celebrate the essential workers.  People bang pots and pans and yell and drum and set off fire crackers and blow horns.  I started out with a noise maker and then I got out my bell.  This bell is very special to me.  It was given to me by my friend Galen.  Galen passed away from AIDS in the 1990's.  He gave me a Christmas present right before he died.  It was to put under my Christmas tree.  He passed away before Christmas and I didn't open the package for years.  I couldn't.  I was so sad.   Finally the wrapping was falling off after being moved a few times and from age so I opened it.  It was a brass bell.  I now use that brass bell every night to ring for the essential workers of Covid-19.  From one pandemic to another pandemic.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!