Tuesday, May 12, 2020

DAY 60 TELEPHONE CALL WITH DOCTOR

Day 60 since I left the house.

Today I finally had my telephone call with my doctor.  This is the first time I spoke with him since I had pneumonia back on March 20th.  Basically I am fine.  He agrees I should stay off the Orencia until things calm down.

He also agreed with me that it is possible that I had a false negative Covid 19 test.  He agrees that it is weird that my test returned in two days when everyone else's test at that time was coming back in 7 days (it was all over the news) and I was told the test would take many more days.  The fast tests did not arrive until weeks later at our hospital.  He also told me that the test I was given had a 48% fail rate.  That does not give me confidence.  Nothing can be done about it now but he wants me to take the antibody test.

The antibody tests that are out now in his opinion are useless. They have been giving false negatives and I don't want another one of those.  I hear a local research hospital is working on an antibody test that seems promising.  Once a good reliable test is ready I will take it and find out one way or the other.

Meanwhile I am staying inside for the future.  He says it is too dangerous for me to be outside.  People are not abiding by distancing and mask wearing and I have a history of getting everything that comes down the pike.  Since we don't know if I have had it and if I did have if I could get it again, it is too dangerous.  At some point I need to get back on my medicine and that will make me more susceptible.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!