Saturday, May 9, 2020

DAY 57 GROCERIES ARRIVED

Day 57 since I left the house.

I got my second delivery of store bought food today.  Everything arrived but a bag of frozen broccoli.  I will be fine without the broccoli.  I stocked up on things like apple juice, sparking water, vegetable broth, apple sauce, and tomato sauce. 

The delivery was for today between 1pm - 5 pm.  I got a notification at 1:20pm saying the delivery was coming.  I got excited that it was coming early but then it didn't arrive.  I got a little nervous.  Two hours later I got another notification that the delivery would come in 45 min.  It was coming from far away and not from my local supermarket.  One hour later my groceries were dropped off.  It was so nice to have the items.  Since all of them are not going to be used for over a week, I put them all in the garage pantry or in the garage refrigerator/freezer to wait a week to use.  That way the coronavirus will be long gone by the time I go to use these items.  That is my system.  Rather than wiping things down, I just leave them alone for 3 (for plastic) days to 7 (for groceries) days by which time the virus will be dead.  Of course if I need something prior to those days, I will clean it.

I also got a box but I can't open it until tomorrow and I don't know what is inside it so it will be a surprise tomorrow.

Lucky is wearing a cone.  She has been licking her legs obsessively since yesterday. She kept me up all night with her licking so today I had to put the cone on to stop the licking. She is not happy.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!