Wednesday, June 12, 2024

CONCERT

I went to a concert this evening by myself. It is not my first. I have a few concerts this summer that I am excited about. 

This concert it's fine but not as exciting as I thought it would be. The singer was good but the stage was not very decorated and very boring. Overall I had a good time but if I'm being honest I would not go see this singer again. 

I had to find my way there and back because I couldn't drive. So I took a taxi to the venue and the taxi driver told me the best way to get a cab to come home. So I left the concert before the last song so I could beat the hordes of people coming out of the venue. Once I got outside I couldn't find any taxis except one and he was taken. So I asked him if it was a place to find a taxi cab and he said to go a one block away. Once I got one block away I went on the taxi app and ordered a taxi and believe it or not it arrived in like 2 minutes. So if I go to any more events at this venue I'll know to leave before the end and that way I can quickly get a taxi. 

I probably could have taken public transportation but I didn't quite know which publishers transportation to take. So if I do go to this venue again I might investigate which buses trains etc I need to take. 

I found out that this evening that my ex-foster kid will graduate high school on August 8th. It's very exciting. He works very hard to get to this point. And I feel I worked very hard to make sure he got to this point. The percentage of foster kids that finish high School is incredibly low (50%) so this is really going to be a celebration day. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!