Sunday, August 20, 2023

IT IS HOT, REALLY HOT

Lucky and I woke up early and went to a car show. There a bunch of really old cars this time. Cars from 1930 to today. Most of the cars are from 1950-1960. My old car is a baby in comparison. 

I had another easy day and thank goodness. It was 90 degrees in my house. It was so hot. I was really happy that last evening my new fan arrived. Now I have a ceiling fan in the bedroom, a fan in the living room, a really, really strong fan that I can only use in the kitchen (or everything blows away), and now a fan in my office. And it has a remote control! 

I spent a bit of time with my VR headset. I downloaded an app that shows me different places in the world in 3D. I learned about elephants and their keepers in Kenya. There were little orphan elephants who were abandoned, probably because their mom was killed. It was really cool. There are other locations I can "visit". 

Then it got too hot. The VR headset gets sweaty and my glasses got fogged. I had to stop. 

By then, it was time for bookclub. I actually read the book and watched the movie "And then there were none". There were so many attendees that I didn't get to talk much. It was fun to listen to everyone's comments. 

Then it was too hot, so Lucky and I went to sit outside where it was shaded and cooler. I had my dinner outside too.
I made a cold dinner of Cole slaw, vegan chickpea "tuna" salad in a tomato and green beans. It was perfect for a hot day. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!