Thursday, August 3, 2023

CAR REFRIGERATOR


 I am going to be doing a few road trips in the future. I always worry about my Orencia when I am traveling. When I go on planes, I have this little handy pack that has a frozen ice pack. But when I am in my car, it is harder to keep the medicine cold. Once I put it in the trunk and got caught in traffic. By the time I got to my destination, the medication was warm. I frantically called the helpline and checked to make sure I could still inject it. I was lucky that my injection day was 24 hours later and I could keep it room temperature and inject it the next day. 

So, I bought a car refrigerator. It looks like a cooler but it plugs in to a car lighter or a regular plug. I was skeptical at first but I tried it for a few hours and sure enough it gets cold. It isn't exactly refrigerator cold but cold enough. Plus, I read somewhere that it gets chills faster and gets more cold if you put an frozen ice pack inside. 

I am going to try it out soon and will report back. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!