Friday, December 20, 2019

SLIPPED ON STAIRS

I wasn't going to write about this because it was really embarrassing but time has passed and not too much embarrasses me anymore.

The roofer came today to finally fix the leak in my roof.  It was not a big leak but it has been raining hard here and it has been damaging my ceiling in the guest room.  It is a small crack around a pipe on the roof.  It is fixed now so all good.

That is not the embarrassing part.  The embarrassing part is that when the roofer was here I slipped on the front stairs.  After the first fall on the stairs where I was wearing socks, everyone said to me make sure to wear shoes on your feet on the stairs.  So when the roofer was here I wore shoes to go down the stone front stairs.  Unfortunately they were not the right shoes on the wet stone stairs.  So I slipped on the stairs.  I didn't fall fall, I more slid down the stairs.  I unfortunately landed mostly on my right palm.  I thought I was okay for the first 3 hours after I fell then it became hard to ignore that my fingers were swelling a bit and starting to tingle.  My wrist hurt so bad that I could not move it at all.

So off to the ER I went again.  I got a bunch of x-rays and nothing was broken.  Just a bad sprain.  I have to wear a wrist guard thing for a few days.

I think the humiliation hurt the most.  Also, that will teach me to wear shoes on stairs!  I should have followed my instincts and just gone barefoot.  Then I would not have fallen!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!