Friday, December 6, 2019

NEW GENETIC TEST

Today I went to get a new genetic breast cancer test. It checks more genes to see if I carry the genes that make me more apt to get breast cancer. I took the Brca test years ago and I was negative. My new doctor wants me to take this new test that checks more things.

I went today to take the test. No one told what the test entails except that I would have to spit. The nurse gave me this giant tube that needed to fill up to a line with spit.

Now it was 8:30 am. I really had not had much to drink yet since I had to rush out to get to the appointment.  I also have Sjogren’s and that gives me dry eye and dry mouth. My mouth was so dry there was no way I could fill the tube. The more I sat there stressing the drier my mouth got. I finally got up and left. I asked for my co-pay back and left. I need to reschedule and plan for this appointment. It can not be first thing in the morning when I haven’t had much to drink yet and my mouth is dry. Probably the middle of the day is the best. After I have been hydrating for hours.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!