Tuesday, December 3, 2019

EMERGENCY WARNING SYSTEM

In my town we have an emergency warning system.  It is an old fashioned outside siren that goes off once a week and then an electronic voice says "This is a test".  If you have lived here a long time like myself, you basically know what time it is and what day of the week it is when you hear it.  "Oh, it is noon on Tuesday."  It is supposed to alert us if there is a tsunami or contaminated water supply or radiological attack. 

I just found out that they are going to disable the system for two years to upgrade it.  I am not sure what in the world will take two years in the upgrading but that is what they say.  I worry what will happen if there is an emergency during those two years.  Yes, there is a text alert system but our area has also been having rolling black outs so depending on alerts that depend on electricity does not seem like a good plan.  What if you don't have your phone with you?  You would not hear about the emergency. 

I want the old fashioned emergency system working.  It seems the most reliable since you can hear it anywhere in the town. 

I started decorating for Christmas.  I have been bringing box after box upstairs.  I have LOADS of stuff to use to decorate.  This year I am going all out with the Santa collection.  I took out a Frost King and Queen that someone gave me years ago and I have never taken them out before.  They are big and SO beautiful.  I will post a picture in the future.  I have the stockings hung and some wreaths up and I am working on getting some lights up.  It is a long process.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!