Thursday, December 19, 2019

BLOCKED TEAR DUCT

Right in the middle of this whole mess with the fall, I got a blocked tear duct.  At first it was not bad but I think because I was falling asleep sitting up and now I am on Orencia, the blocked tear duct got bad very fast.  It looked horrible.  Imagine a large pimp on your lower eye lid.  That is what it looks like.

Today I went to the eye doctor to see what they had to say.  I have been using the eye wash and the gel medicine but it isn't working the way it has in the past.  The eye doctor said I have to put hot compresses on my eye 6-8 times a day for 10 minutes.  Now, I understand that is what they want but think about your day for one minute and think about how you would find time to put a sterile compress on your eye (oh, and make it hot but not boiling) 6-8 times a day for 10 minutes.  Yeah, that is what I said.  I will be lucky to get it done 4 times a day.

She also gave me a prescription for some antibiotics if I need it since it is the holidays.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!