Monday, December 9, 2019

ANOTHER ER VISIT

Last night after posting my blog post, I gathered a bunch of items that needed to be taken downstairs, turned off the lights, covered the bird, and started down the stairs. My stairs are about 20 stairs and then two stairs. I made it down the 20 stairs and went to turn the light on and down came Lucky. I turned and wham! I was on the floor. Well, on the stairs.

I lay on the floor for about 20 minutes because I could not get up. Dogs were peeing on the floor because I could not get up to let them outside. Once I got up I new this was serious. I took some Advil PM and went to sleep.

This morning I worked from home and then went to work at lunch time. After an hour there I went to the ER. I could barely sit in a chair. Walking is hard and every time I moved I got nauseous.

The ER was a circus. I finally saw a doctor and got x-rays.  Nothing is broken. I am just bruised and humiliated.  I got some anti-nausea meds and pain meds and sent on my way.

I was supposed to go to another doctor appointment and have guests over tonight. I had to cancel both.

I came home, ate some food and fed the dogs. I got into bed and promptly fell asleep. I think this will take a bit of time to recover from because of how I landed on the stairs.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!