Sunday, June 23, 2019

PARKING SPOT

Today I took my friends kid out for vegan burgers and ice cream. We had a good time catching up. When we were done we walked around the neighborhood.

When we arrive in the area we were driving down the street and I saw a person get in their car to pull out of a parking spot. I put on my blinker. The person pulled out and I pulled forward to back in. A person jumped into the spot. He said I am saving the spot. I continued the back up. He moved out of the way when he saw I was not stopping. He said again I was saving that spot. Huh?!

I guess he might have been with one of these new annoying services I heard about where you can pay someone to reserve a parking spot.  I don’t care I was there first.  Plus I now think this service is stupider and ruining this city more than Uber. Paying people to save a parking space for you.  Not to mention there is going to be a whole generation with no retirement savings when they get older.

Many years ago I was in Washington DC and I was backing into a parking space when a very obnoxious person tried to park in the same spot by driving in the spot with the front end of the car.  I was more than 50% of the way in the spot and refused to move and we had a stand off for about 20 minutes until the guy gave up.  I was there for business and had boxes to move so I was not giving the spot up.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!