Saturday, June 15, 2019

AUDIBLE

For a long time now I have been listening to audiobooks in the car. I enjoy mysteries in book form but in audiobooks in the car I am not a fan. In the car I need a book that is lite and easy to follow. Something that has few characters and an easy plot. I don't need my mind to wander. I also don't always drive for long distances so if I listen for 20 minutes on Monday and 5 minutes on Thursday and 45 minutes on Saturday, it is hard to keep a very complicated plot straight in my mind. Plus with CD audiobooks, you can't really rewind just a little bit, you have to take it back a whole chapter. So you can end up re-listening to an entire portion for your whole ride.

This month I was going to be doing a quite a bit of driving so I decided to try Audible. Audible is an Amazon product. It is an app that you download on your phone and you download audiobooks to listen to on your phone. If you have a newer car you can listen to it through Bluetooth and your car speakers. I have a car that is too old so I put my headset on and listen to it as if I was on the phone.

Audible has a 30 free trial and they give you a free credit to buy your first book. I bought my first book and listened to a wonderful book.  Each month there are free books if you want to listen to them. My sister-in-law bought a $1.99 book for her kids to listen to The Wizard of Oz and they seem to be enjoying it.

I was going to give it up at the end of the 30 days but I am really enjoying it. I like the sleep timer function. A few mornings when I have gotten up with Happi at 5:50 am I have not been able to get back to sleep and I put on the audiobook and set the timer for 15 min and fell sound sleep. It's like someone reading you a bedtime story.

The painters did not come again today because it was misty and wet again.  Cross your fingers for dry weather.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!