Thursday, June 14, 2018

SHINGLES ZOSTER SHOT

A few days ago I called my primary doctor to ask about getting the new zoster shot. The old shot was a live vaccine so I am not allowed to get it because I am immune compromised. 

Now they have this new zoster shot that is not a live vaccine. My RA doctor wanted me to get it so I could go on this new RA medicine Xeljanz. Unfortunately Xeljanz gives you a higher chance of getting shingles. I do not want shingles.

A few days ago my primary doc said no he didn't want me to get the new shot. It was too risky since it was a New Shot. 

Tonight he called to say that after talking to my RA doc they agreed that the benefits of getting the new shot outweigh the dangers. I asked what the dangers were. I was told that I may get a sore arm.  Okay, I can put up with a sore arm.  Heck, I can barely walk some days. 

Now my primary doc has to get two vials of the shot because I have to have one now and another in 8 weeks. Then I can start taking Xeljanz. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!