Friday, June 22, 2018

EYE DOCTOR UPDATE

I went to the eye doctor for a check-up today. This morning my eye itched horribly. Of course I am not supposed to scratch it so it was torture.

The doctor said the infection looked better. She was happy about that. I still have a bump where the infection is located and I need to continue the antibiotics and the hot packs on my eye.

But there is a new symptom. I have allergic conjunctivitis. It is not like conjunctivitis (pink eye) and is not contagious. It is caused by contact with particles like pollen or mold that your body is sensitized to.  Symptoms may vary from very mild to severe. Itching is the most common symptom from eye allergies. Other symptoms often include stinging, tearing, burning and gritty eyes. The conjunctiva (the thin membrane covering the white part of the eye and the inside of the eyelids) will be pink and bloodshot. The area around the color of the eyes can swell causing tiny blisters on the surface of the eye (limbal follicles). These blisters can become cuts in your eyes and once again I can get an infection. So I need to be careful.

So I now have drops to put in my eyes to stop the itching and to wet my eyes. I am also stopping the use of the gel medicine since I think it was drying my eyes out.

Overall a good report with a slight surprise. I have another appointment in two weeks to check in.

I went down to get my t-shirt to wear for Pride. Then I met up with H and M. We are having a heatwave so of course ice cream was a must!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!