Friday, April 21, 2017

LUCKY MADE ME PROUD

Lucky made me proud today.  When I adopted her she was protective over everything.  Her food, herself, her bed.  If she found something to eat on the floor, she would attack someone who tried to take it away from her or even came near it.  She thought everyone or everything was trying to take her food away. She would even attack if you blocked her from getting "food" if she wanted it.   Once she got in a fight with Happi over a bug.  See where I am coming from?

Today we were on a walk and Lucky found a pit.  It was a cherry pit or some kind of pit.  I was trying to get her to leave it alone but she was intent on chewing it.  I had a dog treat and I told her to drop it, leave it.  I offered her the dog treat and guess what?  She dropped the pit and sat down to get the dog treat!  Then she was calm when I reached over and took the pit away!    A few years ago if I had done that I would have lost a finger.  She was so nonchalant about the whole thing.  I was so proud of her.  I gave her more treats and told her she was a good pup.

When your children make you proud!

The gardener came and power washed the slate in the backyard.  She got the green moss and dirt off but there is this black stuff that would not come off.  It looks pretty good.



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!