Monday, April 24, 2017

HEART MONITOR AND WACKO DOCTOR

Did you ever get so angry you just can't talk about it?  That is where I am. 

Today was a medical day.  First I went to the cardiology department and had my heart monitor put on.  It is about the size of a cellphone but about two cellphones thick.  It clicks onto your belt.  There are wires that attach to the four stickers on our chest under your shirt.  It is super sexy, not!  I have to wear it for 30 days.  When I have a heart thing happen, I am supposed to push a button and enter the information about what I am doing.  When I am showering, I detach the cords.  Every three days I change the pads.  So far no episodes.

Then after a short break at the hospital lobby watching TV on my phone, I went to see my RA doctor.  This is my new doctor for the last year since my long term beloved RA doctor retired.  My new RA entered the room and stayed for about 4 minutes asking me how I am doing while sitting across the room.  She then left to review my chart for 5 minutes.  She returned to look at some of my joints and ask me where I am hurting.  I told her my hips, elbow, shoulder, and I am pain and can't sleep.  She asked me if I hurt along the back of my lower legs.  I said I have.  She left the room again for 5 min.  When she came back, she told me I do not have rheumatoid arthritis but I have Ankylosing Spondylitis/Spondyloarthritis.  She said I have four choices for medications: Ibuprofen, prednisone, methotrexate, or enbrel.

If you have been following this story for a long time, you may remember that I took methotrexate a long time ago and got methotrexate lung.  A serious disease that effects your breathing. Ibuprofen effects my stomach.  It took me years to decrease the prednisone that I refuse to increase my dosage unless it is an emergency.  And Enbrel!!  Last year I got meningitis and was told not ever take Enbrel again.  Now she wants me to take Enbrel again.  Horrible options.  She had no other ideas.  So two options that almost killed me and two options that will not do much.  Well, thanks.

Not to mention that after all of 7 minutes of talking to me, she changes my diagnosis from RA to Ankylosing Spondylitis/Spondyloarthritis (AS).  The main complaint of people with AS is a loss of flexibility of the back and neck from inflammation.  Pain, stiffness, limited mobility in the lower back.  Pain in the knees and heels.  The person has a hunchback posture.  Okay, I slouch but I have always slouched.  I just have bad posture because I am lazy.

The reason I had shoulder pain right now is because I have rotator cuff problems.  It has nothing to do with AS.  This doctor is a wacko. 

I have called and made an appointment with a new doctor.  I need a new perspective.  I gave this doctor a chance. She may be a brilliant researcher but she is an awful person doctor. 

Now you can see why I am so upset. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!