Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I JUST WON THE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION COURAGE AWARD

I just won the Freedom of Expression Courage Award!  The estimated 3 to 4 million Americans who participated in January's Women's March are being honored with a major prize from PEN America. "The PEN/Toni and James C. Goodale Freedom of Expression Courage Award is going to the "Women's March" for "galvaniz[ing] a potent global movement to resist infringements on the rights and dignity of women and many other groups." Since I marched, I am receiving the award!

Past recipients are the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and the work of Lee-Anne Walters and Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, who brought the deadly levels of lead in Flint's water supply to national attention.  I am in amazing company!  Imagine that!  I had no idea I was even in the running for the prize.

 Phone update: I guess the Fed Ex was too late to go out last night.  The screen is almost completely purple now.  I got a phone call but could not see who was calling.  It is a sad state of affairs.  It makes an interesting day when I can't check my phone all day or make any phone calls.  For the first 12 hours I was a bit lost.  I wanted to make phone calls and look things up and send emails.  Then I would remember that I could not.   I had to use my computer to do things.  Or not.  The only thing I wish I could have seen was a text message from my dog walker but if it was important she will send it again.

My phone should show up tomorrow by 4pm.  Yay!

Until tomorrow...
my broken cellphone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!