Tuesday, April 30, 2024

TRIP - DAY 7

I slept in today. Last night I took my first pill of gabapentin and I slept like a baby. I have been having feet problems and last night after that hike, I could barely walk on my right foot. I soaked it and then decided, what the heck, take the pill. I have been really resistant to take gabapentin because my dog took it and she was practically comatose. I didn't want to be like that on this trip. 

It wasn't as cold today. I've been putting the heater on that heats the pipes and good thing the weather got down in the 20s and would have frozen the pipes. That is the last thing you want to have happen. The heat in this van is awesome. We are so toasty. 

When I woke up, I stepped on my foot and there was only the tiniest amount of pain. I was shocked. You know how you expect something and suddenly it isn't there? That was me. 

I decided not to tempt fate so no hiking today. Instead Sunny and I drove all the way (what we could with the snow road closures) around the park. Here are some photos: 

Isn't it beautiful!?

After a full day of driving, stopping here and there, and eating lunch in the van, I was ready to head back. 

I did another two loads of laundry; this time it was shirts and jeans. They are drying. 

It's my last full day in the Grand Tetons. Tomorrow on to Yellowstone. Can you believe my first week is done? It's going by too fast. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!