Sunday, April 28, 2024

TRIP - DAY 5

I woke up bright and early in the morning so that we could be out of the campsite at 8:15 a.m. It was a 3-hour trip to Grand Tetons National Park. We drove through Caribou-Targhee National Forest. It was a lovely drive on my way to the Grand Tetons National Park. I tried to stop for as many historical sites as I could so I could learn more about the area. I also listen to a PBS show about the California Trail and the Oregon Trail. 

I got two Grand Tetons national park around lunch time and I stopped by the Smiths and got some gas prior to going to my campsite. I got to Gros Ventre campground a little after lunch time. The two retired folk who registered me were super super nice. I went to my campsite ate some lunch with Sunny and then drove out to fill the van up with water and dump the garbage. Once those two tasks were complete, sunny and I went to Jackson, Wyoming. 
I decided that we were going to go to see the National Museum of Wildlife Art. I saw some amazing very expensive pieces of art. And it was a lovely way to spend an hour. Sunny stayed in the van while I went to the museum. After the museum we went to Jackson to mail postcards and cards. Then we went to go see the cowboy bar which is famous for having saddles for bar stools. The cowboy bar was closed but we went to the Trading Post and bought a couple of chochkeys and more postcards. 

Then it was time to get back to the campsite to make dinner. I planned to make mushroom stroganoff. By using the instapot and the stove to make the pasta, I had a delicious dinner. I also have some left over to eat tomorrow. 
Their meditation and social media posts, it was time for bed. I have a big day tomorrow checking out the Grand Tetons. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!