Thursday, April 25, 2024

TRIP- DAY 2

I got up right on time and got going early at 8:15 a.m. . I had to drive around 300 miles till next destination which was Jerome Idaho. I mistakenly thought there was a gas station on the way there and I made it with just a small bit of gas in the tank to the gas station. 

After a driving a bit it started to rain and this weird light appeared on my dashboard. It only concerned me because the icon had an exclamation point next to it. In my book an exclamation point means emergency. So I pulled over and called support. My simultaneously texted my cousin and asked her to sis trying to figure out what this light means. Tech support was a bit slow and their first response was "does the van still run"? I told them that yes the van still ran but I'd like to know what the light means. If the engine's going to conk out, it might be helpful to know what the light means. After a little bit of time I was given the answer that the collision sensor is malfunctioning. I also found out that the collision sensor can go off in very heavy rains. Since it was raining that's what did it. 

I got back on the road and continued on to my final destination Jerome Idaho. I needed a break at one point and wanted to eat lunch so I stopped and a lovely little museum called California Trail Interpretive Center in Elko, NV. It was a very very cute representation of people coming to CA during the gold rush. 

I got back on the road and arrived in my campsite in Jerome later than expected. I had the chili that I made at home for dinner and settled down to watch TV. 

I did dump the toilet compartment for the first time. It is a compartment that comes out and I could wheel it to a bathroom toilet and dump it. Fun times in Van life! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!