Wednesday, April 24, 2024

THE TRIP STARTED- DAY 1

I woke up early and got straight to work putting thingsd in the van. I got a lot of the moving done last night but because I was emotionally exhausted, I stopped earlier than I wanted to. 

Last night when I got into bed, I looked over on Lucky's side and was shocked she wasn't there. I was sad all over again. My sweet baby. 

After lugging am hours worth of stuff, I had to clean out the house. This was a task I planned to do yesterday. I checked all the windows and doors, took out the trash, and unplugged things. I was finally ready to go. I could now put the bird in the van. The Bungee cord I brought out was so old it was petrified. I had to get another bungee cord to anchor the birds cage. 
I got in the driver's seat and...I had to pee. Ugh. I went to pee and realized I forgot two important things: my toll gizmo and my phone holder. 

I was finally off! To the pharmacy to get my prescription that the insurance company forgot to fill. This gave me more practice parking. 

Then we were really off. We drove to a location that I knew had easily accessible restrooms. Then the next stop was lunch. I couldn't find a nice park or rest stop so we went to a Target parking lot that was not crowded. It was fine for a quick lunch. 
We stopped off at a rest stop to stretch my legs and saw this:
Yes, that is snow!! 

I was two hours late to leave and three hours late to the time I said I was going to arrive at the campsite. The owners were very sweet.

I got kind of set up, meditated, had a veggie burger for dinner and now I am relaxing. You could hear a pin drop in the RV park. Except the train that comes by every few hours. 

Tomorrow is another travel day. Another 350 miles. Good thing I made some playlists. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!