Wednesday, May 22, 2024

TRIP - DAY 29

This posting will be quick. I left Zion National Park and drove through the Mojave Desert, Las Vegas and crossed over the Virgin River multiple times. The Virgin River was behind my campsite in Virgin UT. I also saw a sign for Zzyzx Road. Sounds like Elon Musk's kids name. I drove in three states: Utah, Arizona and California. 
The scenery was awesome and so different from the snow, green of the north and the red rock of the south. This was all hot, windy desert. 

It was a 4.5 hour drive. I got to my campsite and got my site. I needed propane and drove to a FlyingJ. The guy put in the propane and when he touched the propane spout, the metal casing under the propane fell off. The screws had come undone. No, it wasn't an attempt to injured me. It was wear and tear. The reason this is dangerous to drive like this, is because if a large rock or something hit the propane tank with no covering, it could get punctured and that would be bad. 

I contacted the company but no one responded immediately so I called a repair man. He was sweet and within an hour came to the FlyingJ. (For those who don't know what a FlyingJ is, it is a gas station plus large market. They all have at least 12 pumps and lots of diesel. They have high roofs over the pumps, so truckers and RVs love them. But they also carry propane to fill a RV or van tank.) 

The man tried to fix it but didn't have the tools. So I followed him to his business and once there he drilled a new hole and put in a new screw. I should be good to go. 

Let's tally it all up:
1. Weird alert on dashboard
2. Non-functionong fan (which now works sometimes).
3. Flat tire/replaced tire
4. Weird noise that we thought were the brakes (it is still doing it but quieter) 
5. The "Check brake pads" notice came on once but not since 
6. The plate fell off the propane tank.

Not too bad for a month.

Update on my health: after the hike up Angels landing, I took a long hot shower. This morning I took a long hot shower. It mostly doesn't hurt except when I squat down or get in and out of the van. Then it is a bit excruciating. It will take a few days to stop being sore. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!